Saturday, May 24, 2008

I visited you again today

I visited you again today
Sis was down with flu and I stayed up with her
That brought me back to the night before you were admitted to hospital, the last night I had a chance to take care of you in this life

I am still trying to get used to it, the fact that you are gone
Knowing that I can't hold you close and tell you that you're the greatest grandma in the world, that kills me
It is such an irony that memories can be so sweet and yet bring me such heartache

But by crying a little, dying a little everyday
I hold you close in memory
And it completes me
Because you know I know
That love never dies even when one departs

© Copyright 2008 MiCheLLe - All Rights Reserved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home